Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ketchup

Oh dear oh dear we've slacking in our blogging. These are some pics from October... how could I possibly skip posting them? Some serious blackmail material. Note: no parent was involved in the dressing of our child this way. It was all Abby. Doesn't she look like she had fun doing that to him? Down to the heels...


Grandma and Grandpa Tilton had some pretty sweet toys. These were from Grandpa Tilton's childhood (!) I think I had more fun playing with them than Scotty did, and I want my dad to learn how to make some modern block guys... Here they are, dad:

We went to AZ to look for housing in Dec, and while we were gone, this happened to Vegas: Here's a highlight of our trip to AZ: For you Des Moiners, yes, you recognize the bum on the left -- it's Logan Eberhard's. We went to see them and their beautiful new home in Gilbert. It was a happy reunion to say the least. We had another Des Moines reunion right after Christmas... Lynda and Q came to stay with us for a bit and hitch a ride to St. George. We had lots of fun, but I forgot to take a single picture with them :(

Here are a few Christmas highlights. All the cousins get Christmas jammies from "santa" at Uncle Jeff's house. It was fun to be living with family this year and to be a part of it all!
Here's James opening his first ever present

After Christmas we were lucky to be a part of my dear friend Sara Black's marriage to Danny Brown. Yes, she's now Sara Black Brown, and her mother in law is a Green. Fun times.


We also crashed Katie's in-law's cabin near Kamas, UT. We drove the snowmobiles around and Scott had his first non-ice-chunk-shredding sledding experience. Casualties of the day were Jer's tailbone after a sledding jump and the snowmobile I drove for a while. doh! We were stuck stuck stuck until Jer saved the day and unstuck us. It was still a blast. Here's our little snowbaby. "A Christmas Story" anyone?


Here are Jer's footprints -- yes, bare footprints -- outside my aunt Janet's in Midway, UT. What we couldn't get a pic of were his bare snow angel neighboring Scotty's bare snow angel right by the hottub. Like crazy father like crazy son.
We had one more month at Grandma's, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Has anyone ever used those colored fizzy bath tabs? This is what it looks like when you empty an ENTIRE jar of them into the tub. I decided I'd better check on Scott when he started calling, "mommy, my tub is BLACK!" And you'd think I'd learn, but at the next check, I found the bubble bottle emptied into the tub as well... He still talks about that bath.

Scotty's DREAM car was parked outside of Costco for the holiday shoppers. We missed getting a ride, but the picture seemed to please him almost as much.
Here's James, our fluffy pink boy. Brazilians would call him "fofozinho." If I ever manage, I'll post a video of a "story" he told me one day. He's at a very fun babbly stage. Still completely stationary, though, and showing now signs of being interested in crawlig. I love to witness new stages, but I can't say I'm too sad about him still sitting and happily playing!
We're all settled in our new place in Tempe, AZ. We lucked out and got a 3 bedroom townhome with a giant patio. The patio is currently the most-used room of the house. I don't think we've had a day with a high below 60 degrees yet, and lots of been closer to 80. Yeah, I could settle here. I know I'm saying this at the "coldest" time of the year though...
Scott enjoys vacuuming our lawn:
And this is where we can most often be found on weekends and during lazy afternoons:

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh Jennie... there is so much I want to say about every picture and story in this post!! So funny, so cute!! It's great to hear about what you guys have been up to, I'm so glad you're all doing well and enjoying WARM weather!

Haylee Mollerup said...

Oh my gosh Jennie....I totally kept waiting for a "ketchup" story to come!! By the very end, I got it!! (It's late and I need to go to bed!!) :) It's great to hear about the past couple of months!! I'm so excited for you guys that you're settled in AZ!!! Did you buy that townhome??? I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!! Scottie and James are SO BIG!!! Give them kisses from me! MISS YOU!

Kim said...

First off I have to say how jealous I am of the warm weather, so nice. The pictures are hilarious, your boys are so cute and funny. Glad everything is working out for you guys to stay in Arizona. Good luck with everything.

A Different Drum said...

Great to hear how everything is going. It sounds like you guys are having a great time - it's probably nice to finally be settled! So fun! I LOVE the picture of Scott in the Black tub - got to love kids!

Nanette said...

I love the pictures!
I am also VERY jealous of your warm weather!

Jenn said...

I love all of your pictures. It was fun to see Katie, as well. Tell her she needs a blog!